I just picked up my piccolo and played for a brief moment, and now I wish I had never put it down. I miss my oboe so very much. Hopefully I’ll get to play this summer or even next school year, and hopefully muscle memory will kick in!
I miss home a lot. The other night I dreamt about it, and I can’t even recall what happened in the dream, but I knew it was at home and I knew that’s where I wanted to be.
To make matters worse, one of my best friends at home txted me and told me that she missed me. No more than two hours later, my OTHER best friend from home txted me and said she missed me too. and Gosh, I really miss them. I can’t wait for summer. I can’t wait to see them, and I can’t wait to lay around in the sunshine and listen to awesome music.
I miss the hippies, and I miss the chill atmosphere of the coffee shops on Kirkwood. I miss all my friends. I miss the stoners, as weird as that is to say. haha.
and I miss mom and dad. Even though they come up and I do get to see them on a regular basis. My dad is coming up tomorrow, and I can’t wait to see him.
is such an important thing. By empowerment, I don’t mean to be pompous, or in-your-face. Empowerment here means to be strong and bold, unwavering in one’s decisions and faith.
I honestly believe that attitudes are contagious. Being empowered can and will pass from person to person.
and I believe that this is so important because honestly, women take so much crap from men, especially ones who don’t know what they’re doing or where they’re going in life. It’s when these men, these self-centered men, get angry or lose control that we have things like abuse and violence. That’s why rape exists, and that’s why so many women end up battered and broken, both literally and emotionally.
So have the stability and courage to stand up for yourself, and to stand up for women.
All I ever really used Facebook for anyway is to write, or at least express myself in terms of life and how I feel about different matters.
So what’s new with me, you ask?
I’m going to Pensacola, FL for Spring Break. Leaving Saturday around 8:00 A.M. Very excited! I love Habitat and I can’t wait to do it some more as well as have fun with all of my lovely team members!
Also, I just took a German test. Pretty sure I was the first person done. I think that’s a good thing, right?
I miss my daddy.
Some part of me really wishes I could go to Columbia College Chicago, where they have access to studios and all kinds of crazy things. Why I can’t go? It costs fifty grand a year. Ouch, Columbia. Ouch.
I’m almost positive that I will be picking up a double major in Communications. very excited! I love to write, however, I hate giving speeches. Hopefully Purdue’s Comm department is accredited, because I’m beginning to wonder about that.
2. You don’t have to get along with everyone, or make everyone like you.
3. Love makes you stupid.
4. You always have at least 2 choices, even if you don’t like your choices.
5. Sometimes even women need to learn to MTFU.
6. Most people operate out of selfish motivations.
7. It’s rarely about you.
8. Soda is evil.
9. It’s okay to break the rules, as long as you are good enough not to get caught, and you aren’t hurting anyone.
10. “Be kinder than necessary ’cause everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.”
11. There’s three sides to every story- his, hers, and the truth.
12. Time doesn’t heal anything- it’s what you do with that time.
13. Complaining and blaming other people doesn’t help anything, and makes you miserable company.
14. Everything in your life is your responsibility.
15. You train people how to treat you.
16. There’s always hope.
17. You can always be grateful for something.
18. If you aren’t making mistakes, you aren’t trying hard enough.
19. You never really become an adult. You just get more responsibility, and become wiser.
20. Showing emotion is not a sign of weakness. Knowing when it is appropriate is a skill.
21. Google can answer anything.
22. Being silly is one of my favorite qualities in a person.
23. Honesty is always the easiest route. Even if it’s not in the short term.
24. You should never stop learning, or trying to be a better person.
25. Worrying is useless, unless it motivates you to take action.
26. When people show you who they are, believe them.
27. There is only fear, and love. And one of them is way more fun.
the idea of having a blog to write about relationships, men, etc.
so I’m gonna write a list of things I love.
Things I LOVE:
1. art. lots of beautiful, beautiful art. because honestly, it’s self expression. and if you don’t express yourself, what are you really? you’re bottled up, that’s what you are.
2. new music. music I’ve never heard, and music I’m re-discovering.
3. socks from target. only $1.
4. that butterfly feeling. the good kind. I haven’t had it in such a long time, and I miss it.
5. dancing. crazy, relentless dancing. I would be totally fine with having a sober party, dancing only. so much fun, except a lot of my friends party poop and don’t like to dance. my besties at home do, though. :)
6. friends, real ones. the ones that don’t poop out on you and will go get naked at the lake with you at 1 in the morning, just because. (*cough* skinny dipping *cough*)
7. random acts of kindness. having the door held open for me, even if I’m far behind. or helping me pick up my things when I spill them, just nice things. it seems like very few people are actually nice anymore.
8. comedy. real, hilarious comedy. Jim Gaffigan, Dane Cook, Dimitri Martin. Those guys. I don’t like people that swear profusely and I don’t like people whose jokes are lame.
9. Kisses. random, soft ones. hard ones that almost knock you over. the ones that make you crazy and head-over-heels mad and infatuated.
10. warm weather. not hot, not cold, but like shorts weather where maybe you have to wear a jacket but most of the time you don’t.
11. nail polish. I have a ridiculous amount of it, and I love shopping for it all the time.
12. new pants, the ones that make your booty look awesome.
13. tea cup pigs! itty bitty cute ones that I want to keep in my pocket cause they’re so small!!!
14. writing. I like writing about anything and everything.
15. running. I don’t know if I could ever not be active for a significant period of time in my life. Even right now, when I’m super busy, I still go to the gym once or twice a week.
I honestly think that unhappiness is often a product of someone’s own actions. At least, many times it is. And we don’t ever realize it because we don’t want to take responsibility for our own problems. Maybe it’s karma that makes us unhappy, or maybe it’s morality. Maybe it’s the way we approach life. Are we nice to everyone we can be? Do we give back to the community? Do we love with our whole hearts? Are we living life on autopilot, or are we taking an active role in our lives?